essays, blogs, and articles about polyamory
(publication order is kind of random, but stuff is added at the top as I receive it)
- Miss Poly Manners
- Questions and answers about poly etiquette
- Polyamory Girl
- Polyamory Girl is a "single" mom of three. She writes about being in a relationship with a couple who have been married for 28 years.
- Polyamorous Ventures
- A journal of two partners' exploration in the world of alternative relationship dynamics.
- The InnKeeper's Poly Blog and The InnKeeper's Guide To Polyamory
- Polyamory & Non-Monogamy: Opening Doors, Hearts, and Minds
- General information, live advice service, other resources. Includes poly, swinging, and other non-monogamy resources.
- Polyamory in the News
- Blog reporting on news articles with poly content. Archives are tagged and
categorized by subject, location of article, language.
- A Poly Page for Secondaries blog
- "This is for the non-primary, the secondary, the one who got there after.
Regardless of your self-identifier, this page will address the issues that one
may face when entering a pre-existing relationship."
- Polyamory - enlightened lovers or sluts in denial?
- Stephen, the author of this blog, writes: "I've recently started a polyamorous
relationship for the first time and am going through some difficulties which
I assume to be pretty common ... I've been keeping a blog to diarise the whole
experience which I hope may be of interest to alt.polyamory visitors.
Polyamory - What it
is and what it isn't by Derek McCullough and David S. Hall, Ph.D.
- Published in the Electronic Journal
of Human Sexuality, Volume 6, Feb. 27, 2003.
Polyamory? What, like, two
girlfriends? by Franklin Veaux.
- Introductory guide to poly.
- Questionnaire about current and desired relationship structures,
originally developed for BiCon. Useful to fill in and give to a
- Polyamory in Penthouse Forum
- The July 1997 issue of Penthouse Form contained an article about polyamory that quoted several posters from alt.poly.
- "Polyamory Thoughts" by segnbora
- "Are Poly Relationships 'More Highly Evolved'? by Teal
- The Simple Guide to Relationships by Edward Martin III
- "Why Love is Simpler Than You Think"..."I never said it was easy. I
said it was simple."
by Heather Nicoll (The Darkhawk)
- "Why do I want to get married, since I cannot legally grant that
same public status to my other love?... I'll give it a whirl to see how
well my mind can spew random answers."
- Gender-Free Pronoun FAQ
- by popular demand...
- Salon Magazine articles about Polyamory
- Three's company; so is four or five
in a super-friendly land
- Rob van Glabbeek's
essay on polyamory
- Scotland, HO!
- Ian Hagemann's
marvelous report on his trip to alt.polycon I and points beyond.
- "Free love grows up"
- Article in the Boston Phoenix
- Miss Lovelorn's advice on meeting
- Open Hearts
- Autobiographical stories about
polyamory, collected by Bearpaw and now maintained on the alt.polyamory
- Stef's Poly Post
- Collection of writings from alt.polyamory and poly
mailing lists, partially organized by subject. Also includes essays by Kathy Labriola, a poly-friendly counselor in Berkeley, California.
- Joe's defense of his polyamorous
- On Being Poly
- Essay covering definitions, philosophies, and
practicalities of poly living. Includes some autobiographical material.
- Contains articles on a commuter marriage,
open relationships, family and friends, and sexuality
Back to alt.polyamory home page
Maintained by Stef
No unsolicited commercial email, please.