This is a home page for the Usenet newsgroup alt.polyamory. If your web browser supports
news, you can read the newsgroup from here.
How to access alt.polyamory
If your ISP does not offer a Usenet feed, you can read the group for free at
Google Groups: http://groups.google.com/group/alt.polyamory/topics.
You need a free Google account to post. Note that many people think Google
Groups is not the best way to read Usenet newsgroups, because they don't filter
spam as well as most ISP feeds and dedicated feeds.
Google maintains a list of
Usenet feed services.
what you'll find here...
find out what the newsgroup is really like...
- Types of poly, poly vs. cheating, jealousy,
bisexuality, longevity of poly relationships, children, newsgroup
How to f*** up:
alt.polyamory FAQ supplement
- "Guide of
carefully tested methods for making mistakes in polyamorous
support and networking FAQ
- Mailing lists and web pages about
polyamory and organizations friendly to polyamory.
- Poly non-fiction, fiction, movies, and songs
how (some) poly people meet each other FAQ
- Excerpts from a
thread on the newsgroup
- Acronyms and abbreviations
- NRE, AFAIC, HBB? Find out what those strange abbreviations on the
Poly list or alt.polyamory mean.
- Gender-Neutral Pronoun (GNP)
- Not a standard alt.poly FAQ, but it answers the constant questions
about zie/zir and sie/hir.
- mailing lists and other resources
- Discuss how your other interests intersect with poly. Includes chat
rooms and networking web sites. (Updated March 10)
- local groups and mailing lists
- Hook up with folks in your local community. Don't see what you
want? Start something! (Updated March 10)
- We no longer maintain a list of poly-friendly counselors because there are
more complete resources elsewhere. See the excellent Poly Friendly Professionals list
and the Kink-Aware
Professionals (KAP Program) resource.
- poly blogs and essays
- Read blogs, essays, and news articles about poly and personal statements from poly folks. (Updated March 10)
- newsgroup excerpts
- Within, find a few choice excerpts from discussions on the
- alt.polyamory Classic Post Emporium
- More excerpts from alt.polyamory
- poly art 'n' stuff
- Stock up on poly symbols, art, books, t-shirts. (Updated March 10)
- contributors' guidelines
- Read this if you want to contribute to this web site.
other poly resources maintained nearby
- Howard Landman's Polyamory Index
- with information on poly-related organizations, books, articles,
songs, movies, religion, law, sociology, psychology, and biology
thanks and honorable mentions
Parrot graphic by Ray Dillinger, placed in the public domain for use as
a poly mascot.
Seven Wonders listed this
site as the Anything Goes Site of the Week on March 20th. (sigh)
Maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org.
No unsolicited commercial email, please.